Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Tea Party

So, I went to the Omaha tea party at the court house yesterday. I had a wonderful time amongst my fellow patriots and concerned citizens. The speeches were great, and I met some great people down there. (For those who want to know who I was, I was in the Mystery Manor jacket with the little tiny sign that said "If 10% is good enough for Jesus, then it ought to be enough for Uncle Sam.")

I find it funny that my friends who lean to the left of the political spectrum are making fun of us exercising our right to peacefully protest and petition our government. Of course these are the same people who keep tally of the number of times they've been arrested in their 'peaceful' protests. At least when we gather we respect the laws and opinions of others.

I must say, that listening to Shane Osbourne, I'm really impressed by that young man and I think he has a bright future in both State and National government should he choose that path.

From reading reports of other Tea Parties around the country, I think that Congress and the President have just been made aware of the 800 pound Gorilla in the room, their bosses, the American people.

No comments:

Post a Comment