Thursday, April 30, 2009

Twitter, Crime and Punishment and more...

Sorry for the delay between posts, but it's been a busy couple of weeks with me getting sick, and being very busy with some work stuff.

First of all, you can now follow my psychopathic rants through twitter, my account is @deadparrot101.

Anyway, today's topic is Crime and Punishment.

I feel like I live in the wild west right now. I go to bed to gun shots every night, and just pray to the good Lord that I don't wake up one morning to find either myself or a member of my family full of bullet holes.

Last night in Omaha, we had 3 shootings in a half hour, and in one of them two little kids when their father 'accidentally' discharged a gun with them in the room.

Now, I'm not for taking guns away from responsible legal gun owners, but we've got to find a way to get them out of the hands of the gang-bangers, meth heads, and all around dregs of society. I don't have an answer for that, but I have an answer for some other things.

First if these kids are so hot to start shooting things up, why not allow the judges to restart the practice of sentencing them to the army. Let them shoot people for their country in Afghanistan and Iraq rather than in the streets of Omaha, L.A., Detroit, New York or any where else in the states. If they don't want to take the military, then prison with out the option of parole, oh and hard labor for them.

I swear, I'm just sick of all the violence around here. This used to be a nice quiet neighborhood, now it's a gangsters paradise it seems.

Oh well, over and out for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment